How To Join Internet Chapter
Who can join Internet Chapter?
You can join the chapter either as a joining member or as a candidate for exaltation, however you must, at this time, be a current subscribing member of a UGLE Craft Lodge
As a joining member
- Any subscribing member of Internet Lodge No 9659 who is already a member of Supreme Grand Chapter
- Any subscribing member of Internet Lodge No 9659 who is a member of a Royal Arch Chapter in a constitution recognised by Supreme Grand Chapter.
- Any subscribing member of a UGLE Lodge who is also a member of Supreme Grand Chapter or of a Royal Arch Chapter in a constitution recognised by Supreme Grand Chapter.
As a candidate for exaltation
- Any subscribing member of Internet Lodge No 9659 who is not a Royal Arch Mason
- Any subscribing member of a UGLE lodge who is not Royal Arch Mason
- You MUST attend a physical meeting of the Chapter to be exalted .
- Exaltations will commence August 2020.
- We reserve the right to restrict the number of exaltations and to give precedence in the order above.
- There is currently a waiting list for exaltations.
Membership of the Chapter is greatly enhanced by membership of Internet Lodge.
Is my Grand Chapter Recognised by the Supreme Grand Chapter of England (SGC)?
If your Grand Lodge is recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England, then your Grand Chapter will be recognised also
To check if your Grand Lodge is recognised by UGLE Check their website here
SGC permits dual or plural membership but a small minority of grand chapters do not. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your grand chapter is not one of these.
Why should I join Internet Chapter?
Internet Chapter is your porchway or entrance to a unique experience in Royal Arch Freemasonry. It has members in every continent who have the opportunity to correspond with each other on a daily basis via a closed mailing list. But much more than this you share the experience of that special bond of friendship that exists between members of a Masonic Organisation united in the ideals of Freemasonry universal. We rejoice in our International fellowship devoted to promoting the Crafts main precepts, Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth allied to our special and deeply held belief in freedom, justice and equality; in the peace and harmony that must come from tolerance and understanding, from respect for the culture and beliefs of our fellow creatures.
What is the application process?
The process for joining Internet Chapter is quite simple but there are certain rules and steps that must be followed.
Internet Chapter is under the jurisdiction of the Supreme Grand Chapter of England (SGC) and as such applicants for membership must fully satisfy all rules in the SGC regulations.
These relate to:
- receiving all relevant data relating to the applicant, his employment and his Masonic memberships. Note that this data is held in a membership database wholly owned and maintained by Internet Chapter and the data is used for Internet Chapter purposes only. Data will NOT be divulged to any third party with the exception of SGC, unless demanded by law.
- submitting a fully completed SGC registration form (“Form P”) in accordance with the SGC rules for joining members.
- providing Clearance Certificates or copies of Dues receipts for all Lodges or Chapters of which a person is or has been a member in order to ascertain that the applicant is not in debt to any Masonic body.
- gaining SGC agreement that all Constitutions of which the applicant is a member are recognised by, and are in amity with, SGC.
How do I apply?
Firstly you should read about how we use and protect your data.
You can then make your application to join this unique chapter
To apply as a joining member by completing this form
To apply for exaltation by completing this form
What is the cost of membership?
Every applicant for joining has to pay a joining fee of 15.00 GBP. Applicants for exaltation have to pay an Exaltation Fee of 20GBP. These must be paid within 14 days of your application. This covers the initial costs to the Chapter of your membership. If you are not already a member of the Supreme Grand Chapter of England, you will also have to pay the SGC registration fee of 35.52 GBP if joining or 42.30 GBP if applying for exaltation. As in every lodge there in an annual subscription which is currently 55.00 GBP.
What happens next?
When we receive your application, we will send you various documents by email. These will include a full explanation of the joining procedures and regulations and an official Supreme Grand Chapter of England (SGC) Registration Form P for you to download and print. If your application contains the names of two existing members of the chapter known to you, they will be asked to act as your proposer and seconder. If not, your details will be forwarded to two members of the chapter who will be required to get to know you before acting as your proposer and seconder.
The registration form should be completed and signed and returned by mail to the Assistant Scribe E. If you are applying to become a joining companion then when you sign and return the completed Registration Form P it must be accompanied by Clearance Certificates indicating good standing from the Scribe E of every Chapter of which you are, or have been, a member. A copy of your Grand Chapter certificate (if appropriate) or your latest Dues Card will also be required. If you are applying to be exalted then when you sign and return the completed Registration Form P it must be accompanied by Clearance Certificates indicating good standing from the Secretary of every Lodge of which you are, or have been, a member. A copy of your Grand Lodge certificate (if appropriate) or your latest Dues Card will also be required.Alternatively, all these documents with the exception of the Registration form P can be submitted as a scanned image by email.
At this time, you should make the payments shown above. If you have a UK bank account we would prefer you to enclose a cheque with the form. Otherwise you can pay by using our credit card facility.
Once all your documents have been received and the registration form completed by your proposer and seconder in accordance with the rules of the Supreme Grand Chapter of England if you are not already a member of the Supreme Grand Chapter of England, we will seek their approval of your membership
What happens next?
Once you are accepted by SGC your details will be included in the summons for our next meeting and thus every member of the Chapter becomes aware of your application. A ballot (vote) will take place at that meeting, following a successful ballot, you will be admitted to membership of the Chapter, where you will be made very welcome.
If you are not already a member of the Supreme Grand Chapter of England, you will become a member of it following a declaration to agree to adhere to its Regulations. In exchange for the SGC Registration Fee, and following admission as a member, you will receive a Grand Chapter Certificate printed on parchment paper together with an explanation of its symbolism and a Book Regulations will be made available.
When I am a member.
At this point you will be added to the mailing list and given access to the members’ pages on the Web site.
You will be made very welcome as a member of the World’s first truly universal Masonic Chapter where you will have the opportunity for electronic daily contact with Royal Arch Masons from all over the globe. Our regular physical meetings are also very special for those who are fortunate to be able to attend. Truly happy to meet, sorry to part, and happy to meet again.
Now that you have read this document
Why not come and join us on our electronic meanderings through the pathways of our wonderful fraternity.
Want to know more?